Wednesday 12 September 2012

Be expatriate in Malaysia...

I just arrived in my office in the heart of Jakarta, then I checked my yahoo email, I found so many emails, maybe around 10 emails or more. Then I just surprised when I read email from monster, mentioned that  this company need many java developers. They said, just reply whether I'm interested.

Fujitsu office in front
I just simply replied it. Then just few minutes, they called me and asked me when I'm ready to be interviewed. I told them, I'm ready two day after tomorrow. After interview and many things done, I received flight ticket to go Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. They also asked me to prepare some documents, such as copy all pages of my passport, passport size pictures. Those were needed for applying my working permit/visa. So on 19 Dec 2010, I just did flight to KL.

My first time go abroad. Yeah, feel nervous, happy and some feeling that couldn't be explained :D, all things in my mind. It was take 1 hour flight from Jakarta to KL. I just landed my feet to LCCT International Airport,. My heart was beating hardly, just confuse which way I should go. Then I just followed the sign board there, then I passed the immigration officer. They were so friendly :), nice job dude.

My mind keep working, what's next?? what's next ?? it's said. Naaa, I got it, I need to buy SIM card, local cell phone SIM Card. As some suggestions, I bought digi, I already prepared for another cell phone that I bought in Jakarta before I left. Then after I got my belongings, I was keep finding transportation going to KL Sentral, some alternatives I found them, then I just the cheapest one, bus, only spare 5.5 RM. Quite comfortable bus, 2 hours rode then I just arrived KL Sentral. My employer already there then taking me to the condominium (home stay). First thing I need to do after I'm arrived was looking internet broadband card. And I still trusted to digi. After rested for awhile, they brought me to Cyberjaya, the city that I will work and stay.


Fujitsu Receptionist Room
And 20 Dec 2010 I started to work here . My first day in office was so unexpected :D, I was hoping that I will meet a great team since this company is quite big. Then do you know what, I just see 2 people in this project, they are my project director and technical manager. Means, I'm the first developer who's in, hahaha.
They just briefed the technologies used. 

Then, at 6 pm they said already able to go back, as working hour is 9 to 5.30, but that time already 7 pm, since I came late for my first day :D. This pic I've taken once I'm catching my bus. As I go to work by bus
In front of office

Shuttle bus 1



Nasi Lemak

roti telur

Nasi lemak was first meal I ate :D, another day I've tried roti telur (egg-bread) so nice, as I promise to my self will eat the traditional food here. Hemm, so far for my first day was nice :)


2 comments:

  1. Yo dude. I heard you moved to KL. You need to blog about yo new job dawg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah man, I will move there on 20 oct. Sure I will do, just matter of time :D

      Delete